Ichron has established a bespoke “in-house” laboratory service capable of providing the highest quality sample preparations for biostratigraphy, chemical stratigraphy and reservoir geology.
The scale of the operation ensures that we can undertake large projects in the minimum time-frame. Our technicians have undergone extensive training and have wide experience of providing a range of sample preparations both onshore and offshore.
Disciplines provided for:
- Palynology – The extraction of palynomorphs such as dinoflagellate cysts, pollen, spores and algae
- Micropalaeontology – The extraction of microfossils such as foraminifera, ostracods diatoms, and radiolarians
- Nannopalaeontology – The extraction of calcareous nannofossils such as coccoliths and coccospheres
- Chemical stratigraphy – The preparation of XRF and ICP samples through describing, washing, drying, picking and crushing (latter employing technically advanced planetary crushing mills with high-volume capability)
- Heavy Mineral preparations – The extraction of heavy mineral grains using heavy liquid separation techniques
Our laboratories have been comprehensively audited by many operating companies, with the results established Ichron as a leading provider of laboratory services within our sector. We also run contracts solely preparing biostratigraphic samples for independent clients.
The laboratory has been operating for over 18 years, has an enviable 100% safety record both onshore and offshore, and is underpinned by a comprehensive HSE management system. We are pleased to announce that we operate within the ISO 14001 framework, augmenting the ISO 9001 systems currently in place.