The Møre and Vøring Reservoir Quality Database is a 34 well study of the Tertiary – Triassic interval including core description, petrography, CCA and time slice thickness and palaeogeographic maps, designed to be both supplementary and complimentary to the Møre and Vøring Stratigraphic Database. In combination, these reports will provide a composite depositional and stratigraphic model for the Palaeozoic to Tertiary intervals of the Møre Basin and Southern Vøring Basin.
All core material from the wells are logged at 1:200 scale, with additional detailed petrographic analysis of the key formations in the area including Tare, Tang (Egga Member), Nise,, Kvitnos, Lysing, , Rogn, Garn, Ile, Ror and Tilje Formations.
Available information for the Møre & Vøring Reservoir Quality Database
- Data on the Tertiary - Mesozoic penetrations of 34 wells in the Møre and Vøring Basin.
- Full stratigraphic interpretation of all wells, utilising stratigraphic schemes defined in the in the Phase I study, augmented by the addition of 37 new biostratigraphic analyses.
- Detailed core descriptions at 1:200 scale for the cored Tertiary to Mesozoic successions (1614.36 m) with depositional models developed.
- Depositional interpretation of uncored intervals over the entire Tertiary to Mesozoic interval matched to wireline logs in each well.
- Time-slice thickness and palaeogeographic maps for the Tertiary to Mesozoic interval.
- Reservoir quality study including petrographic descriptions of 56 thin sections (plus SEM and XRD on select samples) summarising petrographic and diagenetic controls within each of the main reservoir units.
- Digital conventional core analysis data.
- Set of representative core photographs illustrating sedimentological, ichnological and tectonic/diagenetic features.
- Digital data export of stratigraphic sequences and lithostratigraphic boundaries.
- GIS deliverable.