The application of micropalaeontology consists of the identification of foraminifera, diatoms, radiolaria and ostracods.
It is used to determine the relative age of a significant boundary, horizon, formation or stratigraphical sequence. As with all biostratigraphic disciplines, when combined with palynology and/or nannopalaeontology; it is possible to achieve a powerful biostratigraphic correlation and high resolution stratigraphic breakdown.
Through our experienced team of micropalaeontologists, we can provide
- Quantitative and semi-quantitative micropalaeontological analyses
- Palaeoenvironmental reconstruction
- Legacy data review
- Micro-facies analyses
- Integration with palynology, nannopalaeontology, sedimentology and chemical stratigraphy
- Data delivered with ODM3™ and StrataBugs™ licensed software
- Wellsite application to monitor or aid in the placement of coring, casing and TD picks.
- Training courses and workshops
Analysis can be performed on wet ditch cuttings, washed and dried ditch cuttings, sidewall core, core or outcrop samples, with all preparations undertaken in our own ‘in-house’ bespoke laboratory. Typically, projects can consist of up to 200 samples per well depending on the interval size and the required level of resolution.