For post Palaeozoic sequences, the identification of calcareous nannofossils (coccoliths and coccospheres) has become an important service for accurate stratigraphic dating and due to the speed of preparation, has become a significant discipline widely utilised at wellsite today.
It is routinely used by Ichron alongside micropalaeontology and palynology for integrated high resolution stratigraphic projects.
Through our experienced nannopalaeontologists, we can provide
- Quantitative and semi-quantitative nannopalaeontological analyses
- Palaeoenvironmental reconstruction
- Legacy data review
- Integration with palynology, micropalaeontology, sedimentology and chemical stratigraphy
- Data delivered with ODM™ and StrataBugs™ licensed software
- Wellsite application to monitor or aid in the placement of coring, casing and TD picks.
- Training courses and workshops
Analysis can be performed on wet ditch cuttings, washed and dried ditch cuttings, sidewall core, core or outcrop samples, with all preparations undertaken in our own ‘in-house’ bespoke laboratory. Typically, projects can consist of up to 200 samples per well depending on the interval size and the required level of resolution.