Ichron has close to 20 years experience in providing the highest quality wellsite biostratigraphic (palynology, micropalaeontology and nannopalaeontology) support.
Many of our biostratigraphers have been involved with offshore projects for over 20 years, and as a group, completed in excess of 300 wellsite assignments.
We have a large fleet of mobile laboratories available, including modules for standard palynology preparations (see laboratory services division for further information), Ichron’s PalyLITE™ (acid free) modules, micropalaeontological modules and nannopalaeontological modules.
Our wellsite biostratigraphy service can deliver:
- Near ‘real time’ results to aid with the placement of coring, casing and TD picks
- Reduction in drilling risk and uncertainty
- Stratigraphic positioning and as a ‘look-ahead tool’
- Biosteering/Geosteering and well trajectory monitoring
- Cavings analysis to pinpoint stratigraphic position of borehole instability
- Coverage of all ages from Neogene to Pre-Cambrian
- Ability to operate in any geographical region onshore or offshore
- Fully insured, logistical and operational support
- Integrated (NaviSTRAT™) service
- 100% safety record with no LTA’s/LTI’s