When performed correctly, integrated depositional modelling and stratigraphic correlation provide vital evidence with regard to the origin, geometry and orientation of reservoir bodies and related seals.
There are also important implications with regard to the application of predicative stratigraphic models in play fairway analysis. Throughout, emphasis needs to be placed on integrating a range of disciplines in order to provide robust models and realistic outcomes. Ichron offers a range of complementary services, performed by highly skilled staff, which allow this process to take place in a controlled time-efficient manner.
- Wireline log interpretation
- Electrofacies analysis
- Core description (range of scales; WellCAD or Illustrator format)
- Facies analysis and depositional modelling
- Detailed trace fossil analysis (depositional refinements, key stratal surface characterisation and impact on reservoir quality)
- Integration of biostratigraphical and chemostratigraphical datasets
- Stratigraphic correlation and mapping
- Integration of seismic data
- Acquisition, analysis and application of outcrop analogue data
- Supply of digital databases (includes ODM, WellCAD and GIS)
Depositional modelling and stratigraphic correlation can be undertaken as a stand-alone project or in combination with any or all of the services Ichron offers. Our ability to integrate services provides our clients with a unique opportunity to benefit from common project management across disciplines, thereby reducing costs, maximising quality control and ensuring efficient data transfer.